- At the 85th National Convention of Information Processing Society of Japan -Diversity and Information Processing- held from March 2nd to 4th, 2023, Mr. Wataru Nakanishi (Machine Vision Laboratory, M2) won the Student Encouragement Award.
Wataru Nakanishi and Koh Kakusho "Estimation of Human-Place Relations with Long-term Human Tracking in Daily Life Space"
- The research of Prof. Daisuke Chugo (Service Robotics Laboratory) was introduced in Kobe Shimbun NEXT on February 15th. ＜From Kwangaku Lab - Kobe Sanda Campus＞ Welfare and Nursing Care Robotics, Faculty of Engineering, Professor Daisuke Chugo
■You can also see it on Kwangaku Science Navi. [Welfare nursing care robots, assistive technology that snuggles up to people. ]
- At the 23rd Conference of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers System Integration Division (SI2022) held from December 14th to 16th, 2022, two presentations by the Service Robotics Laboratory received the Excellent Presentation Award.
Yuya Miyazaki1, Daisuke Chugo1, Satoshi Muramatsu2, Sho Yokota3, Jin-Hua She4, Hiroshi Hashimoto5
“Evaluation of muscle activity during lower extremity rehabilitation in hemiplegic stroke patients”, The 23rd Society of Instrument and Control Engineers System Integration Division Lecture Association, pp.2175-2180, 2022 [certificate]
Yifang Zhang1, Daisuke Chugo1, Satoshi Muramatsu2, Sho Yokota3, Jin-Hua She4, Hiroshi Hashimoto5
"Analysis of Standing Motion Considering Physical Conditions of the Elderly with Round Stature", 23rd Society of Instrument and Control Engineers System Integration Department Lecture, pp.2632-2636, 2022 [Certificate]
1 Kwansei Gakuin University Graduate School of Science and Technology
2 Faculty of Information Science and Technology, Tokai University
3 Faculty of Engineering, Toyo University
4 Faculty of Engineering, Tokyo University of Technology
5 Tokyo Metropolitan Graduate School of Industrial Technology
- Robocon Circle "K.G. Robocon Circle ~AiMEiBA~" won 6th place at the 37th All Japan Student Micromouse Contest.[School of Engineering => News list]
- The research of Professor Daisuke Chugo (Service Robotics Laboratory) is introduced in the Kwansei Gakuin University owned media "tsuki to mado".
"Robots that get close to people" will create a future that supports nursing care and daily life | Shining super-aging society ♯01
- At the 2022 Joint 12th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 23rd International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (SCIS&ISIS) held from November 29th to December 2nd, Mr. Noritaka Yamaguchi (Laboratory for Neurointelligence Engineering, M1) received the SCIS&ISIS 2022 Best Student Presentation Award.
Noritaka Yamaguchi "A Neuro-robot System Generating Collision Avoidance Behavior Using Short-term Depression Effects in a Cultured Neuronal Network" [certificate]
- At the 2022 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC 2022) held from October 9th to 12th, Mr. Kenji Naito (Machine Vision Laboratory, M2) won the Best Student Paper Award.
Kenji Naito and Koh Kakusho, "Segmentation of Indoor Daily Living Environments into Regions Used for Different Purposes"
- At the 38th Fuzzy System Symposium 2022 (FSS2022) held from September 14th to 16th, Mr. Kenta Ochi (Laboratory for Neurointelligence Engineering, M1) won the Fuzzy Special Session Presentation Award.
Kenta Ochi "Influence of Trust in Others on False Memory Generation" [Certificate]
- The research of Professor Daisuke Chugo (Service Robotics Laboratory) is on display at Innovation Japan 2022-University Trade Fair & Business Matching-Online (University Seeds Exhibition) held from October 4th to 31st.
◆Movement support technology that snuggles up to people (stand-up support device/wheelchair)
- Department of Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Mechanical Engineering Course has opened．
An engineering course to learn from basics to applications of artificial intelligence and mathematical machines
In the Intelligent and Mechanical Engineering course, students can learn various knowledge and techniques for building intelligent mechanical systems from the basics of artificial intelligence and mechanical engineering. In addition, students can acquire design and development technology that integrates different fields between an artificial intelligence system based on machine learning and a mechanical system based on mathematical models and biological mechanisms. You can also experience cutting-edge research that covers both artificial intelligence and mechanical engineering, such as intelligent robotics.
- List of Subjects