- At the 2022 Joint 12th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 23rd International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (SCIS&ISIS) held from November 29th to December 2nd, Mr. Noritaka Yamaguchi (Laboratory for Neurointelligence Engineering, M1) received the SCIS&ISIS 2022 Best Student Presentation Award.
Noritaka Yamaguchi "A Neuro-robot System Generating Collision Avoidance Behavior Using Short-term Depression Effects in a Cultured Neuronal Network" [certificate]
- At the 2022 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC 2022) held from October 9th to 12th, Mr. Kenji Naito (Machine Vision Laboratory, M2) won the Best Student Paper Award.
Kenji Naito and Koh Kakusho, "Segmentation of Indoor Daily Living Environments into Regions Used for Different Purposes"
- At the 38th Fuzzy System Symposium 2022 (FSS2022) held from September 14th to 16th, Mr. Kenta Ochi (Laboratory for Neurointelligence Engineering, M1) won the Fuzzy Special Session Presentation Award.
Kenta Ochi "Influence of Trust in Others on False Memory Generation" [Certificate]
- The research of Professor Daisuke Chugo (Service Robotics Laboratory) is on display at Innovation Japan 2022-University Trade Fair & Business Matching-Online (University Seeds Exhibition) held from October 4th to 31st.
◆Movement support technology that snuggles up to people (stand-up support device/wheelchair)
- At the international conference 25th the International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots and the Support Technologies (CLAWAR2022) held from September 12th to 14th, the presentation by Professor Daisuke Chugo (Service Robotics Laboratory) received the Local Organizing Committee Award, Received Environmental Robotics Application for Sustainability, 1st Prize.
[Certificate] [Chair Professor Osman (London South Bank University) and Professor Chugo]
Daisuke Chugo1, Yuya Miyazaki2, Satoshi Muramatsu3, Sho Yokota4, Jin-Hua She5 and Hiroshi Hashimoto6, "Human models simulating the physical conditions of the elderly individual and standing assistance method based on these models," in Proc. of 25th the Int. Conf on Climbing and Walking Robots and the Support Technologies, pp.604-616, 2022.
1 Faculty of Engineering, Kwansei Gakuin University
2 Kwansei Gakuin University Graduate School of Science and Technology, Master's 1st year
3 Faculty of Information Science and Technology, Tokai University
4 Faculty of Engineering, Toyo University
5 Faculty of Engineering, Tokyo University of Technology
6 Tokyo Metropolitan Graduate School of Industrial Technology
- In the data analysis competition (for Recruiting) " Let's challenge the prediction of pollutant concentration in the atmosphere!" by the Sony Group, Mr. Hiroki Yamaoka (Artificial Intelligence Laboratory / M2) won the 3rd place out of 1661 people and gave an award lecture on June 23 with zoom.
- Professor Takeshi Okadome's research introduction (Artificial Intelligence Laboratory) was published in the university guide "Sora-no-Tsubasa 2023". [Article] [School of Engineering Guide]
- Professor Yasuyuki Kono （
Human Computer Interaction Laboratory）was awarded the title of Fellow in 2021 by the Information Processing Society of Japan.
This title is given to academic members who have made significant contributions to academic or industrial development, dissemination, and promotion in the fields of information processing and information and communication.
Target achievements: "Development of interaction technology and real-world sensing technology for memory expansion support based on experience records" [Fellow certificate] [Professor Noriko Nagata (Kansei Engineering Laboratory) of the school of engineering program of computer science also decided at the same time -Photo-]
- Ms. Masako Bungo （Bio Robotics Laboratory / B4）received the Excellent Student Award from the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers. [Certificate]
- At the 14th Forum on Data Engineering and Information Management (20th Annual Meeting of the Database Society of Japan; DEIM 2022, from February 27th to March 2nd), Mr. Hiroki Yamaoka's presentation (Artificial Intelligence Laboratory / M1) received the DEIM Student Presentation Award.
Hiroki Yamaoka, Shogo Hayashi, Motoki Kusano, Takeshi Okadome, "Evaluation of Entity Matching Model When Amount and Property of Data Are Changed"
- At the 22nd Society of Instrument and Control Engineers System Integration Division Lecture (from December 15th to 17th, 2021), Mr. Satoki Kono's presentation （Service Robotics Laboratory / M2）received the Excellent Lecture Award.
Satoki Kono, Daisuke Chugo, Satoshi Muramatsu, Sho Yokota, Hiroshi Hashimoto, "Detection method of road surface unevenness on sidewalk using LRF light receiving intensity information", 22nd System Integration Division Lecture Meeting (SI2021), pp2619-2621, 2021. [Certificate]
- At the 22nd Society of Instrument and Control Engineers System Integration Division Lecture (from December 15th to 17th, 2021), Ms. Kanna Takahashi's presentation （Bio Robotics Laboratory / B4）received the Excellent Lecture Award.
Kanna Takahashi, Norihiko Saga, "Examination of aerodynamic characteristics by positioning in marathon" [Certificate]
- Department of Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Mechanical Engineering Course has opened．
An engineering course to learn from basics to applications of artificial intelligence and mathematical machines
In the Intelligent and Mechanical Engineering course, students can learn various knowledge and techniques for building intelligent mechanical systems from the basics of artificial intelligence and mechanical engineering. In addition, students can acquire design and development technology that integrates different fields between an artificial intelligence system based on machine learning and a mechanical system based on mathematical models and biological mechanisms. You can also experience cutting-edge research that covers both artificial intelligence and mechanical engineering, such as intelligent robotics.
- List of Subjects